Our teacher, Mieke Giles, has been teaching at the Ypsilanti Cooperative Preschool since 2005 and has been teaching since 2000.
She received an Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education from Northwestern Michigan College in Traverse City, Michigan (1998) as well as a Bachelors degree at Eastern Michigan University (2007). Her educational background also includes quite a bit of course work and field experience in elementary education as well as special education (specifically in the area of Emotionally Impaired). Miss Mieke completed her Montessori training with World Wide Montessori Online in 2012.
Ms. Mieke’s Teaching Philosophy
- Expectations go a long way!
- Treat each child as the individual they are.
- Look for the good in every child.
- Patience really is a virtue!
- Teach children to solve problems on their own.
- Children have a lot to teach.
- Delight in the small things.